Your Guide to Plastic Surgery for Men
Nowadays, men want to look good. They want to look strong, youthful, confident and healthy. Unfortunately, most men have looked at their reflection at some point and found something they didn’t like. A drooping nose, jowls, love handles, a flabby stomach, or an undefined jawline. Even though these are all normal signs of aging, men want to keep their good looks as they age: here is where plastic surgery for men comes in. Male plastic surgery is becoming more popular than ever and it is not a coincidence since more surgeons are specializing in catering to the male physique.
Male Plastic Surgery, is it a thing?
In a category of its own, male enhancement procedures are plastic surgeries taken to a different level; making guys look masculine, fit and attractive. Having performed male plastic surgeries for decades, we understand the importance of being informed, understanding the pros and cons and learning how these procedures can help you achieve your goals.
Plastic surgery has been mistakenly classified as a women-specific practice for years. However, those people have forgotten that men want and need to look good. Looking good is important for personal and professional reasons, so the pressure to maintain a pleasant appearance is stronger than ever. This has lead to new male enhancement procedures, from noninvasive cosmetic treatments to male plastic surgery.
The ABC’s of Male Plastic Surgery
We have helped thousands of male patients understand how plastic surgery can help them. Being informed is always the first step to obtaining the results you want without endangering your health.
A is for aesthetic goals. Analyze what you’d like to change. Wanting to look good is completely normal. In fact, most of our patients confess to feeling better and more confident after having plastic surgery. Having a clear idea of your aesthetic goals is a great starting point. You can start researching and learning more about the surgeries that could help you reach your aesthetic goals.
B is for the best plastic surgery procedures for guys. Our surgeons are often asked about the best surgeries for men. The answer is directly related to your aesthetic goals since it depends on what you are looking to improve. There is not an absolute best surgery for men. Some men want defined abs, some would like to reduce enlarged breasts and others would like larger pectorals or a smoother forehead. The best advice we can give is to talk to a plastic surgeon and discussing the improvements you’d like to make. Perhaps you’ll want one or more surgeries, so it’s best to talk it over with the experts.
C is for a certified plastic surgeon. The most important thing you can do is choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in male patients. Plastic surgeons who know how to treat men will take into consideration how you want to look, male bone structures and even little details, like how to hide incisions in a place that doesn’t interfere with your beard. In Tijuana, Mexico you want to choose a surgeon certified by the Asociación Mexicana de Cirugía Plástica, Estetica y Reconstructiva (AMCPER).
It pays to be informed! Highlighting the importance of having clear goals and going to a certified plastic surgeon, we made a list of the most popular male plastic surgeries today. Have a look!
The Most Popular Plastic Surgeries Men are Having
Erasing the stigma of male plastic surgery, we’re here to tell you that now, more than ever, guys are having plastic surgery on their face, abs, jawline and even hair. Let’s go over the most popular male plastic surgeries:
1. Male breast reduction or Gynecomastia Surgery. This is one of the most sought after male plastic surgeries. Some men develop extra breast tissue due to weight gain, weight loss or hormonal changes. Other men suffer from gynecomastia, enlargement of the breast tissue due to a hormonal imbalance. While diet and exercise can somewhat help those who developed ‘man boobs’ from weight changes, those who have gynecomastia need surgery to fix their condition. During male breast reduction surgery, your plastic surgeon will remove excess tissue and sometimes perform liposuction to obtain a flatter chest.
2. Facial Rejuvenation surgeries. Men want to cause a great first impression too and sometimes that’s hard when their faces look permanently tired and angry. The most effective choice is a facelift for men. This surgery helps improve the overall appearance of your face, like sagging cheeks, an undefined jawline or a permanent frown. When performed by a surgeon with experience in male plastic surgery, your natural masculine features will be enhanced. Variations of facial rejuvenation surgery can be done too, focusing on a problem area such as a neck lift or a brow lift.
3. Abdominal Etching. Having and maintaining a six-pack is hard! For some guys, it’s nearly impossible due to genetics, hormones or age, no matter how hard they try. Abdominal etching is a surgical procedure that can give men at a healthy weight a defined six-pack through a combination of liposuction and an ultra-detailed liposculpture that outlines the abdominal muscles.
4. Chest/Pec Implants. This is another of our most solicited male plastic surgery. This surgery is all about the men’s chest area, achieving volume and definition. Our team of expert surgeons uses implants specifically designed for the male chest, helping those who are not able to bulk up in that area.
5. Micro Hair Transplants. Not all of our male patients are aware that plastic surgery offers a definitive solution for hair loss and pattern baldness, and that is terrible. Between men and women, the former are definitely the most affected by hair loss. Despite baldness being associated with middle age, some men start experiencing hair loss as young as their 20s. With Micro Hair Transplantation, also known as Follicular Unit Extraction, your surgeon can restore a full head of hair that is natural and keeps on growing strong.
If you are thinking about getting a surgical procedure to enhance your face or body, make sure to choose experts in male plastic surgery. Call us now at (619)738-2144.