Dr. Carlos Fuentes, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Tijuana
“A happy patient makes me happy”, its the phrase that’s Dr. Fuentes always keeps in mind when he’s working. In this interview Dr. Fuentes talks to us about the latest trends in facial rejuvenation and he gives us useful tips to look OUR BEST AT ANY AGE.
Q: How did you get interested in Plastic Surgery?
A: In my 3rd year of medical school I was taking the surgery class, the subject was of a harelip reconstructive surgery and it really got my attention, that’s when my interest for the plastic and reconstructive surgery started. To me, aesthetic surgery its like a piece of art that carries the signature of his author, the plastic surgeon.
Q: Your favorite type of procedure?
A: I like all kinds of surgery, some are more challenging than others, but one of the most complex procedures is rhinoplasty, because it has a focal point in the appearance of the patient. Plus, every patient it’s so different and every nose so unique, this is why every rhinoplasty (nose job) is a challenge and one of my favorites.
Q: What is the factor that distinguishes you as a plastic surgeon?
A: I’m honest. I like to give quality time to my patients. I give them perspectives and real digital projections of what can get achieved. The patients come because they want to enhance their beauty and they feel confident when they see the final results before the surgery is done. Certainly, there are patients who want to change their appearance in a very drastic way, and in some cases they will lose their natural appearance, other times this is impossible because their natural structure wont allow it. To those kind of patients I explain them the reality, many of them appreciate the honesty and others just don’t accept it. In the second case, id rather not to do the surgery because my goal its that the patient feel happy and satisfied with the final result.
The Doctor recommendations according to your age!
- ¡Start preventing young! Woman in their 20’s should start taking care of their skin, go to a licensed dermatologist and keep healthy to slow down the effects of aging.
- Non-invasive treatments. Botox, Juvederm, Thermage and Fraxel are ideal for woman in there 30’s; those are perfect solutions that help to keep a healthy skin with younger appearance. They can shave up to 3 years less from your face.
- For woman in their 40’s, the combination of Botox and Juvederm can deliver amazing results, because they can often have deeper wrinkles and a tired skin. These treatments can reduce till 5 years the age from the face.
- Plastic Surgery. Woman in there 50’s can require plastic surgery; this can help them to keep a natural and fresh appearance.
- Before you get a Soft lift, search for a doctor that has wide experience on the application of Botox and fillers.
- Verify that the specialist its well trained in the application of Botox and Fillers like Juvederm.
- If you going to mix it with another treatment like Thermage or Fraxel, ask to the doctor how is the right sequence to do it, so you can get optimal results.
If you want to schedule an appointment with Dr. Fuentes or learn more, call us toll free at (619) 610-1667, get more info in www.vidawellnessandbeauty.com, where you can find more information about our services of world-class plastic surgery in Tijuana, México.