Moms have “mommy makeovers”, a combination of plastic surgeries and non-invasive treatments designed to help them get their bodies back and feel confident in their own skin. Today, in the name of all dads who would also like to look and feel better, we want to say: we see your mommy makeover and raise you a Daddy Do-Over.
More men are getting plastic surgery as their appearance changes after fatherhood. While moms’ bodies go through major changes right after pregnancy, fatherhood also slowly takes a toll on men’s health, well being, confidence, and appearance. Being a dad is fun and fulfilling, but it definitely means lifestyle changes and less time to exercise and take care of yourself. With a crazy work schedule, kids’ routines and endless chores, dads often leave their well being at the end of their list of priorities.
If you’re not ready to settle for a “dad bod”, it’s time you learned about Daddy Do-over Surgery.
What is a Daddy Do-Over?
Male plastic surgery is on the rise with new procedures performed exclusively on men and techniques that adapt popular surgeries to achieve handsome and masculine bodies. Age, work, responsibilities and the overall hectic non-stop life that dads have can really affect the way they look. Luckily, male plastic surgery is less of a taboo and more dads are getting help to look as good as they feel.
Daddy Do-Over is not a single surgery, rather a combination of procedures, chosen by the patient and plastic surgeon, specifically designed to improve areas of the male body that have lost their attractiveness over time.
The Daddy Do-Over procedure
Depending on what you’d like to improve, your daddy do-over may include some of the following surgeries:
- Liposuction. With liposuction, your plastic surgeon removes unwanted fat from different areas of the body by using a thin cannula. This procedure helps remove bulges and stubborn pockets of fat. The most popular areas dads target with liposuction are the abdomen, flanks, and neck.
- Abdominal etching. For the fit dads who simply haven’t been able to outline their abs, abdominal etching helps sculpt and define a strong six-pack. This procedure uses liposculpture at a more precise level, where the surgeon carefully chisels the abdominal muscles.
- Implants. Some men are unable to bulk up or get muscle growth. Implants are placed in the body to help achieve natural results. Pectoral and calf implants are some of the most requested by male patients.
- Male Breast Reduction or Gynecomastia Surgery. For dads who suffer from gynecomastia (enlarged breast tissue) or those who have gained/lost weight and are battling the dreaded male boobs, this surgery is a straightforward solution. The plastic surgeon removes excess skin and fat leaving a flatter masculine chest.
- Facelift. Dads who have developed noticeable signs of aging in their faces definitely benefit from facial rejuvenation surgery. During this procedure, a certified plastic surgeon smooths out the face leaving a virile and youthful appearance.
- Hair restoration procedures. Men suffer from hair loss and balding at a much higher rate than women. A hair restoration expert can help dads reclaim a full set of natural and healthy hair.
- Non-invasive treatments to combat signs of aging, such as Botox ® and dermal fillers. For dads who don’t have the time to get surgery but still want to refresh their appearance, injectables are a great way to get rid of early signs of aging. These procedures require no downtime or anesthesia and you get the treatment done right at the surgeon’s office.
The number of procedures you get will also determine the amount of time you’ll be sedated and how long you should plan to be in recovery mode.
Daddy Do-Over surgery costs
Different from their mommy counterparts, Daddy Do-Overs do not have a set price because they do not have a fixed number of surgeries. The good news is that it’s easy to have an accurate idea of how much you are looking to spend for your Daddy Do-Over. You can request a clear, itemized estimate after a free consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will outline the costs and what’s included in the surgeries.
If you are interested in getting a Daddy Do-Over, look for a certified plastic surgeon with experience in male plastic surgery. Call VIDA Wellness and Beauty at (619) 738-2144 to schedule a complimentary one-on-one consultation with one of our expert doctors. During this consultation, you’ll be able to talk about your aesthetic goals and what you’d like to include in your Daddy Do-Over. Your VIDA surgeon will help you understand the results you can expect and plan for your procedure. Let’s get you feeling masculine, attractive and confident again!