Internal Medicine Physicians in Tijuana – VIDA Wellness and Beauty
At VIDA Wellness and Beauty, we pride ourselves on providing comprehensive health and wellness care. We could not accomplish this objective without the help of our internal medicine physicians. Our internal medicine doctors, or internists, provide comprehensive, long-term medical care for adults.
Our internists manage both common and complex illnesses and diseases in adolescents, adults and aging adults. They are well trained and well equipped to render diagnoses and treatments of infections, cancer and diseases affecting the cardiovascular system, respiratory system and digestive system. They can also diagnose and treat disorders affecting the joints, kidneys, blood and more.
In addition to treating health problems, our internists provide preventative care. They educate patients about disease prevention, overall health and wellness, women’s health, mental health and substance abuse, among other topics.
Available Preventative Health Services
The VIDA internal medicine physicians offer the following preventative health services:
- Complete Medical History and Physical Evaluation – Our VIDA Wellness Comprehensive Evaluation Program is designed to deliver personalized patient care as well as preventative care to help patients maintain and improve their health.
- Executive Check-Ups – Our executive medical check-ups involve a comprehensive health screening but are tailored to meet the needs of busy executives and their families. The complete medical exam typically takes place during a single day, so patients can quickly shift their focus to more important matters. Sometimes, a second day of exams are required if preliminary results show that additional tests are needed.
- Medical Consultations – After your physician conducts your VIDA Wellness Comprehensive Evaluation, he may recommend specialized testing to meet your specific medical needs.
Your personalized exams may include:
- Laboratory screening tests
- A comprehensive eye examination at the Eye Institute
- An audiogram
- An electrocardiogram (resting)
- A prostate exam and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing for men
- A gynecological examination and PAP smear for women
- Breast imaging
- Chest radiography
- Pulmonary function testing
- Hemoccult testing
- A nutritional assessment
Additional elective testing or consultations may include:
- An abdominal ultrasound
- Colon cancer screening
- Computerized tomography scanning (if medically indicated)
- A body fat analysis
- A bone density assessment
- Exercise counseling
- Exercise stress electrocardiogram testing
- A gynecology consultation
- A dental examination
As an integral part of the VIDA team, our internists collaborate with our surgeons and other specialists to formulate comprehensive treatment plans for patients. That is a principal reason it is advantageous to undergo medical, surgical, health, wellness and beauty treatment at VIDA Wellness and Beauty. We work together as a team to provide comprehensive care for individuals, from head to toe.
Our internists can also collaborate with prospective patients and their surgeons (typically, their bariatric or plastic surgeon) to assess the patients’ current health, as well as perform any necessary preoperative screenings and follow-up examinations. Screenings that we often perform for prospective patients include body mass index (BMI) calculations, stress tests, electrocardiograms (EKGs) and more.
To schedule an appointment with one of our trusted internists to learn more about your overall health or preventative care, contact VIDA Wellness and Beauty by calling 1-619-955-2666 (toll free).