Breast Lift Mexico
Are you exploring getting a breast lift in Mexico? If you are frustrated by breasts that hang too low on your chest or have a flattened appearance, trust the leading plastic surgeons at VIDA Wellness and Beauty (CosMed) to help.
At our comprehensive cosmetic, medical, and wellness center, we offer international patients visiting Tijuana from San Diego, Calif., patients from other parts of Mexico, and those living in Tijuana breast lift surgery to raise the breasts to a higher position on the chest, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
What we’ll cover
- What is Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Lift Benefits
- Incision Patterns for Breast Lift
- What the Breast Lift Procedure Entails
- How Long Does Breast Lift Surgery Take?
- Is Getting a Breast Lift Safe?
- How to Prepare for Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Lift Recovery Time
- When Can You Return to Work After Breast Lift Surgery?
- When Can You Exercise After Breast Lift Surgery?
- Breast Surgery Scars
- How Long Do Breast Lift Surgery Scars Take to Heal?
- Breast Lift Procedure Costs in Tijuana
- Does a Breast Lift Cost More Than Breast Augmentation Surgery/Implants?
- Learn More About Breast Lift Surgery in Mexico
What Is Breast Lift Surgery?
A breast lift is a breast augmentation surgery that raises and reshapes your breasts. Also known as a mastopexy, this breast augmentation procedure allows women who have lost volume and tone in their breasts to have firmer and perkier breasts.
As women age, give birth, breastfeed or lose weight, it’s normal for their breasts to lose firmness and shape, becoming saggy and flat-looking. A breast lift allows your surgeon to reshape your breasts, resize and reposition them in your rib cage and even reduce enlarged areolas.
This procedure is ideal for women who wish to recover the youthful shape of their breasts, restoring perky contours without drastically changing their bra size.
Breast Lift Benefits
Over time, certain factors such as pregnancy and breastfeeding, major weight loss, or simply the continuous effect of gravity can take a toll on the breasts.
These factors mean that over time, the breast skin loses its elasticity, so the breasts start to sag. Also, nursing can negatively affect the look of the breasts and nipples, robbing the breasts of their original volume and causing the nipples to migrate southward and point downward: breasts that sag toward the ground.
To correct these aesthetic concerns, the experienced board-certified plastic surgeons at VIDA perform cosmetic breast lift surgery.
View breast lift pictures from VIDA to see the natural-looking plastic surgery results you can achieve with our medical team in Tijuana, Mexico.
Incision Patterns for Breast Lift
During the consultation for your breast lift in Mexico, your plastic surgeon evaluates your anatomy (including the degree of your breast ptosis, or sagging, and the amount of skin and tissue that needs to be removed) and listens to your aesthetic concerns.
Based on this information, the surgeon recommends one or more of the following refined incision techniques for your Breast Lift that will best help you achieve your surgical goals:
- A periareolar incision: A circular incision around the outer edge of your areola (the darker-pigmented skin encircling the nipple)
- A vertical incision: An incision that runs down the front of your breast, from the bottom edge of the areola to the area above the natural breast crease
- An inframammary incision: horizontal incision underneath the breast fold
What the Breast Lift Procedure Entails
Breast Lift surgery is generally an outpatient procedure performed under general anesthesia. To give you a better idea of what’s involved in a Breast Lift, here’s what you can expect during the plastic surgery:
- The surgeon starts the procedure by making the chosen incision pattern.
- He then eliminates the excess skin from the breasts before repairing the underlying tissue structures.
- Remolding the breast mound, the surgeon moves the breast higher up on the chest wall.
If you are concerned that your areolas are too large, the surgeon can excise some of the areola skin from around its outer perimeter. For patients with sagging breasts or downward breasts, the plastic surgeon can also relocate the nipple, so it is in a higher, more central location on the breast. When moving the nipple, the surgeon keeps it attached to the supporting tissue to help preserve the nipple sensation.
The overall result is lifted, more youthful-looking breasts with forward-pointing nipples.
How Long Does Breast Lift Surgery Take?
The length of your breast lift surgery can vary, depending on your specific needs and aesthetic goals. However, as a general rule, you can expect to undergo breast lift surgery for 3 to 4 hours. This gives your surgeon time to remove excess skin, reposition the nipples, and lift underlying breast tissue to provide a more youthful breast contour.
Some of the factors that can affect the length of your Breast Lift procedure include the amount of excess skin you have, the current droop of your breasts, if you are having your areola resized or not, and the type of incision you are getting.
A mastopexy, in most cases, is performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure, which means that once the anesthetics wear off, you can go home to get some well-deserved rest.
Is Getting a Breast Lift Safe?
A Breast Lift in Mexico can be a very safe procedure, as long as you go to a board-certified plastic surgeon and are aware of the potential complications. Getting a Breast Lift, as with any major surgery, does mean that there are risks to consider, which is why you should research to find the best plastic surgeons and facilities for you.
First, you should know that there are steps you can take to make your plastic surgery as safe as possible, such as going to a qualified surgeon, following his or her instructions, and verifying both the surgeon’s and clinic’s credentials.
Second, the more aware you are of the risks and potential complications that come with mastopexy, the safer you’ll be. Some potential breast lift complications include:
- Infection or improper healing in the incision site
- Developing keloid scars
- Reduced or loss of breast and nipple sensation
- Fluid accumulation
- Complications related to anesthesia
- Breast asymmetry
It’s important to go over the general risks, so you understand the worst-case scenario. As you prepare for your breast lift, talk to your doctor about your lifestyle and any other health issues you have, so that you are aware of any risks that you could be more likely to experience. VIDA’s team of expert, board-certified plastic surgeons believe in constant and open communication with patients, discussing the risks and outlining strategies to make your Breast Lift a safe procedure.
How to Prepare for Breast Lift Surgery
If you are one of the thousands of women who want to get a Breast Lift, it’s best to know how to be fully prepared for surgery day!
While you’ll receive a comprehensive list of preparation instructions from your board-certified surgeon, here are some general steps that you’ll need to take before the big day.
- Add healthy habits to your life: follow an exercise routine, switch to a balanced diet, stay hydrated, quit smoking, and limit your alcoholic beverages. Being healthy will go a long way.
- Visit your primary care physician and get a full physical. If there are any minor illnesses or health issues you have, this is the time to address those. Knowing your medical history will help your plastic surgeon design the surgery and recovery strategy better.
- Visit your plastic surgeon for a consultation and physical exam. Pre-surgery consultations are extremely valuable: you’ll be able to discuss your aesthetic goals and your surgeon will examine your breasts. During this consultation, he or she can give you an idea of the results you can expect based on the current size, volume, and tone of your breasts.
- Prepare a list of all the medications you are taking, both prescription and OTC. Check with your surgeon if any might pose a problem with anesthesia or the surgery itself.
- Organize your recovery. The first days and weeks after a breast lift surgery you are going to need to adjust your lifestyle. In order to avoid complications, arrange for help from a friend or relative for your recovery period. At first, you’ll need help with minor things such as minor as driving, cooking, and bathing.
- Have your recovery supplies ready. Make a list of all the supplies you’ll need during your recovery, from pain medications to a special bra.
Above all, keep in mind that no one will help you be better prepared for your breast lift than your board-certified surgeon.
Breast Lift Recovery Time
After the procedure
After a Breast Lift, your breasts will likely be covered with gauze and a surgical support bra. Small tubes might be placed at the incision sites in your breasts to drain any excess blood or fluid.
You may notice that your breasts are swollen, tender, sore, or numb immediately after breast lift surgery. However, these symptoms are normal and will gradually improve with time.
You can take the prescribed pain medication as directed to help alleviate any discomfort. You should keep the surgical bra that has been placed over your breasts in place until otherwise directed by your surgeon. The surgical bra will help minimize swelling, minimize bruising, and provide added support while your breast tissue and skin heal properly.
When Can You Return to Work After Breast Lift Surgery?
You should plan to take about one week off of work or your usual schedule, during which you should get as much rest as possible and avoid vigorous activities, including heavy lifting and exercise.
However, as soon as you feel able, you should take short walks around your house or our comfortable recovery boutique to minimize the risk of developing blood clots in the lower extremities.
During your follow-up visits, your VIDA / CosMed cosmetic surgeon monitors your progress and lets you know when it is safe to return to your usual schedule, including your fitness regimen.
When Can You Exercise After Breast Lift Surgery?
A lot of patients wonder when they can go back to their normal exercise routine after breast lift surgery.
Keep in mind that your surgeon is the one who’ll ultimately let you know when it’s safe for you to exercise again, however, you can expect to wait for at least 6 weeks before you can fully go back to your usual routine.
Exercising too soon after your breast augmentation surgery might put you at risk of unnecessary complications, which is why it’s best to wait until your surgeon decides that you are healed.
As a general rule, this is what going back to physical activity will look like after breast lift surgery:
- Light walking immediately after surgery
- Two weeks after surgery, most patients can resume light exercise such as brisk walking and low-impact cardio
- Patients can resume most normal exercise activities and non-impact sports 4 weeks after surgery
- At the 6-week mark, most patients can exercise without any restrictions, including heavy lifting and contact sports
Breast Surgery Scars
Scars are a natural component of any surgery, including breast lifts. When you get a mastopexy, your surgeon will make small incisions in different areas of your breasts to remove excess skin and correct sagging.
As your skin heals, scar tissue will naturally form in the incision sites. When preparing for your breast lift, talk to your surgeon to better understand the risk of scarring and what you can do to minimize it.
- First, discuss this topic with the expert: your doctor. A qualified plastic surgeon will talk you through it and explain the best ways to minimize incisions and scars.
- Second, consider that the amount of ‘lifting’ you are getting will determine the incision pattern, position, and size of the incisions. Some can be hidden at the breast fold or around the areola for example.
- Third, consider how the breast lift pattern the surgeon will use will affect the size and position of the scars you could be left with.
- A Lollipop incision pattern needs two incisions in each breast. One incision is made from the areola to the crease of your breast. A second incision is made around the areola, hence the name “lollipop”.
- The Donut or periareolar incision pattern is a great option for women in need of a modest lift. With this approach, the surgeon makes a single circular incision around the areola in each breast.
- A Crescent incision pattern is another option for women with minimal sagging and smaller breasts. The surgeon makes one small incision that runs halfway around the top half of the areola.
- Lastly, ask your doctor for recommendations and treatments that can help scars fade faster. Simple things such as staying hydrated and not applying topical treatments without talking to your doctor first will go a long way. If needed, there are laser and dermatological treatments available to minimize scarring.
VIDA surgeons will work with you when planning your breast lift surgery and decide the best incision pattern that will a) give you the aesthetic results you want, and b) minimize scarring as much as possible. Ask your surgeon to go over the different incision patterns and breast lift techniques that might work for you, such as a lollipop, donut, or crescent lift.
How Long Do Breast Lift Surgery Scars Take to Heal?
Thanks to the techniques that our expert surgeons use, designed in a way to minimize scarring as much as possible, scars are likely to be thin and heal fairly quickly.
As far as a breast lift with no complications, you can expect your scars to:
- Flatten out after the wounds heal completely. At first, your incisions might turn into red and slightly bumpy lines. With proper care, their appearance will noticeably improve.
- Take 6 to 12 months for them to flatten out and fade.
Remember that not all breast surgery scars go away completely, but you can take steps to support your body as it heals and minimize scarring, such as:
- Protect the area from the sun, particularly during the first 12 months. Sun exposure can increase the pigment in scar tissue and make them more apparent.
- Be gentle and patient with your scars. Do not scrub, scratch, exfoliate or pick on them.
- Quit smoking. If you quit smoking prior to the surgery, you’ll reduce complications and boost your body’s natural healing process.
- Learn how to give yourself a scar massage, to gently apply pressure to the breast skin that will help decrease inflammation and increase collagen production.
- Check with your surgeon if you can use an OTC remedy, such as scar gels and silicone sheets.
Wondering how to get rid of breast lift scars? If you already had breast lift surgery and still have noticeable scars, your plastic surgeons can recommend a dermatologist that will offer a variety of treatments to improve the look of your scars.
These treatments include IPL, laser therapy, injections, and even surgery.
Breast Lift Procedure Costs in Tijuana
The average breast lift cost is $4,100 at VIDA in Tijuana, Mexico – this is also the average cost of a breast reduction at VIDA. This breast lift cost is around 40% less than US prices, and the care you receive is the same or even better quality thanks to our surgeons’ extensive experience in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures.
Once you have your virtual consultation with your board-certified plastic surgeon and get your personalized quote, you can book your surgery by making a deposit and paying the remainder on the day of your plastic surgery.
Does a Breast Lift Cost More Than Breast Augmentation Surgery/Implants?
It’s not common for the final cost of breast lift procedures to be higher than that of augmentation with breast implants. Both cosmetic surgeries have a similar -initial- approach that determines major costs, such as:
- Going to board-certified plastic surgeons.
- Receiving general anesthesia.
- Needing to buy special compression garments and bras.
The average breast lift cost at VIDA is $4,100 USD, while the average price for a breast augmentation with implants is closer to $4,800 USD.
Both breast lift and breast implant surgery patients will receive outstanding care from Tijuana, Mexico board-certified plastic surgeons, aided by an equally qualified team of anesthesiologists and nurses.
Also keep in mind that for some patients, a combination of both breast augmentation procedures will be the only approach to give them the perky and youthful appearance they want.
More importantly, all breast augmentation patients will receive a personalized estimate based on their needs and aesthetic desires.
Learn More About Breast Lift Surgery in Mexico
Lifting your breasts will also lift your spirits! To schedule a personal consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons to learn more about cosmetic breast lift surgery, please contact the breast lift doctors at VIDA Wellness and Beauty in Tijuana, Mexico by calling 1 (619)738-2144 (toll-free) now.