Neck Lift Mexico
The delicate skin on your neck can show signs of aging faster than other parts of your body. If you look at your neck and its appearance remains ‘old’ regardless of the number of creams you use, it might be time to consider a neck lift procedure.
You may greatly benefit from neck lift surgery if you’d like to get rid of any of these issues:
- Horizontal bands on your neck
- Loose skin that gives you a turkey wattle
- Sagging jowls
- Double or triple chin
Neck lift surgery is comprised of a set of cosmetic procedures designed to improve and rejuvenate the overall appearance of your neck, repairing and removing excess skin and fat in the area.
Neck lift surgery must be performed by board-certified plastic surgeons who can use a combination of plastic surgery and non-surgical approaches to give you the best results, defying gravity and giving you a toned and beautiful neck.
When to Consider a Neck Lift in Mexico
As you age, your body will stop producing collagen and elastin, the proteins responsible for your skin’s health, hydration, and elasticity. One of the first areas of the body affected by this is the neck, given that your skin and muscles there are thin and delicate.
Additionally, sun exposure, weight loss, genetics, and lifestyle choices can make you more prone to showing signs of aging. If you are unhappy with the appearance of loose skin around your neck, it’s time to consider a neck lift to achieve a more youthful appearance.
Neck lift surgery is the most effective way to achieve a youthful neck and effectively get rid of excess skin (like the loose skin that gives the appearance of jowls and a wattle).
Good candidates for a neck lift in Mexico want to get rid of concentrated fat in their necks, remove sagging skin and smooth its overall appearance.
Furthermore, candidates for neck lift surgery in Mexico are unhappy with how their necks look and have tried lifestyle changes and non-invasive treatments without success.
Before and after Necklift and Facelift | Dr. Quiroz
The Neck Lift Procedure
A key component to a successful cosmetic surgery is understanding how it’s performed and what it involves. Neck lift surgery is usually performed as an outpatient procedure, so you can recover at home and there is no need to spend the night at the clinic.
Depending on the nature of your neck lift, your surgeon will recommend general anesthesia or “twilight sedation,” ensuring your comfort and safety during the cosmetic surgery procedure.
Neck lift surgery in Mexico takes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours, depending on the amount of work you need.
There are 2 main approaches your plastic surgeon can use for your neck lift surgery:
- Platysmaplasty. Where the plastic surgeon repairs the neck muscles and removes excess skin.
- Cervicoplasty. Where the main objective is to remove excess skin.
Once you are under the effects of the anesthesia, the plastic surgeon will make the incisions and carefully lift the muscles of the neck, removing extra skin and pockets of fat.
The doctor may use liposuction in your neck too. Once this is done, he will close the incisions with sutures and wrap your neck and head.
Is a Neck Lift Dangerous?
Neck lift surgeries are as safe as any other medical procedures: all operations have certain risks and possible complications to consider and you can maximize your safety by going to a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in facial rejuvenation procedures.
Neck lift surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Excessive bleeding
- Nerve injury (very rare)
- Painful swelling
- Poor wound healing and unfavorable scarring
- Numbness and loss of sensation in the area
- Facial asymmetry
You must discuss specific risks and complications with your plastic surgeons during a pre-op neck lift consultation. If you are looking to rejuvenate your neck and are wondering if neck lift surgery is dangerous, discuss all your doubts with your surgeon.
The doctor will not only explain the plastic surgery risks mentioned above but will comment on any particular risks you face due to age or health and explain the steps to take to ensure your safety.
Remember that by going to experienced plastic surgeons for cosmetic procedures, you are making sure that your safety is always prioritized.
Male Neck Lift Surgery
Men looking to reinvigorate their neck and redefine their jawline will be pleased to know that neck lift surgery is also possible for them.
Male neck lift surgery requires an approach that meets the aesthetic goals of men: a strong, smooth neck and a masculine-defined jawline.
Traditionally considered a surgery for women, neck lifts have become more popular among male patients because of the great, masculine results they achieve.
When performing neck lift surgery for men, VIDA surgeons always consider the patient’s desired results, personalizing the neck lift procedure to their needs, and working with the male aesthetic in mind.
Before and after Necklift | Dr. Quiroz
While the approach will differ slightly, neck lifts for men are still the most effective way to:
- Eliminate signs of aging in the neck and around the jawline
- Disappear neck bands
- Tighten the skin around the neck area
- Remove excess skin and excess fat causing a double chin
Male patients interested in getting a neck lift can schedule a free online consultation and discuss with the surgeon the results they can achieve from a neck lift in Mexico.
Neck Lift Recovery
Recovering from neck lift surgery takes 2 to 4 weeks. During this time you will begin to feel more comfortable and see swelling, bruising, and pain disappear.
Since this is an outpatient procedure, you can do all of your recovering in the comfort of your own home. You will be discharged from the hospital with bandages around your face and neck, drains to prevent fluid accumulation, pain medication, and a full list of instructions on how to take care of yourself.
Keep in mind that your neck lift recovery journey is specific to you since every patient heals differently.
Some of the most important things to consider while recovering from a neck lift are:
- Pain and pain medication. It is normal to feel uncomfortable at first, however, you should never be in too much pain. Due to the nature of neck lift surgery, you can expect swelling, bruising, tenderness, and general discomfort. Your plastic surgeon will prescribe pain medication and instruct you when to take it. It’s important to follow these instructions and avoid unnecessary discomfort.
- R&R. You will need to take at least 7 days off from work. The first week or two you’ll need to get plenty of rest, with the exception of taking short walks throughout the day. It’s important to always keep your head elevated, even when you sleep or take a short nap.
- Ask for help. Apart from taking time off, you will need help from a friend or relative to perform simple tasks such as driving, cooking, and changing your clothes.
- Empty your drains and change your bandages. Follow your surgeon’s instructions on how often you need to do this.
- Going back to “normal life.” You should always ask your surgeon when you can go back to work and resume other normal activities. The first days after neck lift surgery you’ll need to be careful with activities as simple as bending over to tie your shoes and brushing your teeth, so it’s always good to listen to your body and constantly communicate with your doctor.
The neck lift recovery period is a very important aspect of the procedure. To ensure a successful surgery, make sure you rest, follow the doctor’s instructions, and contact him in case you have doubts or questions.
How Long Does it Take to Recover From a Neck Lift?
A regular neck lift recovery timeline looks like this:
- 1-7 days post-surgery. The first 7 days are uncomfortable following plastic surgery. You must keep your head elevated at all times at this stage, remember to empty your drains, and be gentle with your movements. Swelling, redness, and bruising become more apparent at this stage, before starting to decrease after a few days. By the end of week 1, you can expect to feel stronger and more comfortable.
- Weeks 1 and 2. Swelling and overall pain decrease. Your surgeon may remove your stitches at this point. Some patients might even be ready to go back to work if their work does not require heavy lifting and strenuous activities. At the end of the second week, you’ll start to see the real results from your neck lift since swelling and bruising will be minimal.
- 1 month after neck lift surgery. Residual swelling and bruising practically disappear for most patients. You will mostly feel recuperated and your doctor might even clear you for some light exercises.
When Can I Exercise After Neck Lift?
Knowing when it’s ok to exercise after neck lift surgery is important to ensure a proper recovery.
Your surgeon will allow you to take walks as soon as you feel up to it, ideally from day 1 after the surgery. Working out, however, requires more time.
Most patients will be allowed light exercises 5 to 6 weeks after neck lift surgery, provided their stitches are fully healed. At this point, strenuous activities such as high-impact cardio, contact sports, or weight lifting should still be avoided.
Once 8 weeks have passed, your surgeon will likely clear you to exercise without restrictions, considering you’ve healed properly and there were no complications during recovery.
Neck Lift Surgery Scars
Scars are a possibility when getting a neck lift because your surgeon will need to make incisions to properly fix the muscles and remove excess skin.
Keep in mind that scars can only develop at the incision sites. The great news for neck lift patients is that during a neck lift, an experienced surgeon will be careful to make the incisions in hidden places, such as under the chin and behind the ears.
Usually, your surgeon will place self-dissolving sutures, which guarantees a thinner incision and scar.
You can also minimize the possibility of scarring by not scratching the incisions, protecting the area from the sun, staying hydrated, and not smoking.
How Much Does a Neck Lift Cost?
The average cost of a neck lift in Mexico at VIDA Wellness and Beauty is $6000 USD. This neck lift cost includes:
- Surgeon fee
- Anesthesiologist fee and anesthesia
- Facility fee
- Transfer from the San Diego International Airport to the surgical facility for our medical tourists and international patients
A neck lift cost can vary depending on the individual needs of each cosmetic surgery patient, but we always offer savings of 40% to 60% when compared to clinics in California and the US – one of the many reasons our patients choose medical tourism.
Knowing how much a neck lift costs, including additional expenses such as additional procedures to help achieve your desired appearance, like facelift surgery, will help you make the surgery a stress-free situation.
To obtain a personalized estimate for your neck lift cost, we recommend having a free virtual consultation to discuss your surgical procedure with Dr. Quiroz. This plastic surgery consultation is simple and will allow you to ask the doctor your doubts, ask questions about medical tourism, talk about your aesthetic goals and obtain a neck lift cost estimate that considers your needs.
Learn More About Getting a Neck Lift in Mexico
If you’d like to get rid of the annoying signs of aging on your neck or would like to know more about having a neck lift in Mexico, contact VIDA Wellness and Beauty by filling out this form or calling 1 (619)738-2144 (toll-free). Our team of expert nurses and board-certified surgeons will happily answer all of your questions about plastic surgery!
If you are ready to have a neck lift surgery in Mexico, schedule your free plastic surgery consultation today!