Getting your eyebrows to be on point all day every day used to be a fantasy. Not anymore though! Thanks to Microblading, the treatment that creates perfectly natural eyebrows, framing your eyes flawlessly 24/7 is a reality.
Microblading is somewhat similar to an eyebrow tattoo that creates tiny (micro) hairs that simulate your natural eyebrows. Since eyebrow tattooing is not new, and not always great, there are a lot of misconceptions and doubts regarding microblading.
If you are longing to get beautiful eyebrows, you’re probably considering microblading. If you are, and it’s a new topic for you, then you’re probably also wondering some of the following:
What exactly is microblading and how does it differ from a traditional eyebrow tattoo?
Is microblading painful?
How many sessions do I need? Does microblading fade after the first session?
How long do you have to wait to shower after microblading?
How long does it take to heal after a microblading session?
How long do microblading results last?
We gathered first-hand information from our microblading experts here at VIDA to solve all your questions and more about this eyebrow solution.
Truth is you won’t fully realize all there is to love about microblading until you try it. However, we figured we’d cover the most important topics about microblading and solve some of your FAQs.
FAQ: Microblading explained
1. What exactly is microblading and how does it differ from a traditional eyebrow tattoo? Microblading is not the same as an eyebrow tattoo. With microblading we use a semi-permanent ink that is applied on a superficial layer of the skin, making it temporary but long-lasting. This is great news because eyebrow tattoos, while they fade, never truly disappear from your skin and if you are not 100% happy with the shape, width or length of your tattooed eyebrow it can be tricky to solve. Your microblading specialist uses an electric instrument with a super small needle or blade that creates feather-thin incisions and inserts pigment into your skin. This procedure allows for completely natural-looking, brow-like results
2. Is microblading painful? The microblading tool cuts into the skin, so depending on your pain tolerance, you might feel discomfort or some pain. Your microblading professional can apply a numbing cream to make the procedure more comfortable.
3. How many sessions do I need? Does microblading fade after the first session? Most people need 2 or 3 sessions to achieve the results they want. The first session is usually the longest and your microblading expert will measure your face and talk about the “finished” look you want: 100% natural or bolder. The pigment will fade considerably after the first session. During a second session, your provider will asses your color retention, which depends on your skin and touch up your brows.
4. How long do you have to wait to shower after microblading? Can I exercise after microblading? You should avoid getting your face wet for 7 to 10 days. A flexible shower head will make showering easier. Since getting the area wet or moist needs to be avoided, you cannot exercise for the same period of time either.
5. How long does it take to heal after a microblading session? The thing to keep in mind is that healing from microblading is a process. Your brows will look darker and intense the first few days after your session. The color gradually lightens for the first 10 days. The skin in the area may swell and redden a bit, but this is temporary. Most people scab after each microblading session, but it’s not painful. You should avoid scratching or picking the area.
6. How long do microblading results last? After the first 2-3 sessions, most people retain color and on-point brows for 9 to 18 months. This varies for everyone because of factors such as your skin, sun exposure and even oiliness/dryness of the skin can affect the way you retain the ink.
7. How much does Microblading cost in Tijuana, Mexico? Microblading at VIDA Wellness and Beauty costs $390 USD, which includes your first session and 1 touch-up where you’ll perfect the color.
Ready to have flawless eyebrows from the moment you wake up? If you’d like to set up an appointment with our Microblading experts, call VIDA now at 619-738-2144 and schedule your first session.