Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
At VIDA Hospital in Mexico, the skilled and caring bariatric surgeons offer gastric sleeve bariatric surgery, also known as vertical sleeve gastrectomy. This advanced procedure might be an appropriate weight loss tool for patients who are not suitable candidates for other types of weight loss surgery — such as gastric bypass surgery — due to certain risk factors, including an extremely high body mass index (BMI) and some medical conditions such as anemia.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
The knowledgeable bariatric surgeons at VIDA prefer to use the laparoscopic approach to sleeve gastrectomy, when medically appropriate for the patient. This is because the laparoscopic approach is less invasive than the traditional “open” approach: Laparoscopic surgery involves the use of a few smaller incisions as opposed to the large incision used in open surgery.
What to Expect After Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico
Patients should expect to take about one week off from their jobs or usual schedule. Given that gastric sleeve surgery does not affect the digestion process, patients can resume eating normal, solid foods sooner after surgery than they would with alternative types of weight loss surgery. However, patients will still need to eat a liquid-only diet immediately after the procedure and slowly resume eating normal foods as they progress through their recovery process. As with all types of bariatric surgery procedures, gastric sleeve patients must be prepared to make a lifelong commitment to staying healthy following surgery.
Advantages of the Gastric Sleeve Procedure
Gastric sleeve surgery offers several advantages over other types of bariatric surgery. The advantages are that:
- The nerves leading to the stomach as well as the stomach openings are kept intact (as opposed to other forms of bariatric surgery in which the stomach opening and nerves may be modified).
- Again, removing the majority of the stomach also provides a dramatic reduction in the production of hormones that activate the sensation of hunger.
- There is less risk of stomach ulcers than there is with gastric bypass bariatric surgery.
- There is no risk of complications related to the Lap Band because a silicone band is not used with gastric sleeve surgery.
- There is a reduced risk of bypass-related complications, including nutrient and vitamin deficiencies, anemia, osteoporosis and others, because sleeve gastrectomy does not involve bypassing the intestinal track.
Sleeve gastrectomy works on two levels to help patients lose weight. First, the surgeon removes a majority of the stomach, resulting in a much smaller stomach pouch. This restricts the amount of food an individual can eat, helping the person lose weight over time.
Second, the smaller stomach produces less Ghrelin after surgery. Ghrelin is a hormone that stimulates the hunger sensation. Thanks to the smaller amount of Ghrelin, patients do not feel as hungry between meals.
Unlike gastric banding surgery (using the Lap Band), sleeve gastrectomy is irreversible, so suitable candidates must be dedicated to losing the extra weight and maintaining a healthy bodyweight for the rest of their lives.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Before and After Photos
How Much Does Gastric Sleeve Surgery Cost in Mexico?
We have the privilege to offer you the same or even higher quality gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico and experience at a significantly lower price than in the United States. This is because our market prices are lower, which can allow us to offer you a more affordable cost so that you can start your weight loss journey. We offer gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana México starting at $4,700 USD. See more info at the bottom of this page about what this Tijuana gastric sleeve package includes so that you can better understand how much gastric sleeve surgery costs in Mexico.
We have highly skilled bariatric surgeons with the most prestigious certifications and credentials. They are experts on minimally invasive approach for gastric sleeve surgery, with the laparoscopic technique.
Low-Cost Gastric Sleeve Surgery Starting at $5,000 US
This gastric sleeve surgery price includes:
– Surgeons Fees
– Anesthesiologist Fees and Anesthesia
– Lab Work
– Medicines during surgery and while being in site
– 2 nights stay, 1 in hospital area and 1 in Recovery Boutique
– Fluoroscopy (X-Rays) post-operatory
– Ground transportation
-WI-FI in hospital and hotel
– If necessary 1 night stay in Marriott 1 day before surgery
*Restrictions may apply.