Wellness Medicine in Tijuana – VIDA Wellness and Beauty
At VIDA Wellness and Beauty, our physicians treat more than just diseases. Our physicians offer a range of wellness medicine treatment options to support proper digestive, immune and cellular function, as well as to help patients maintain positive overall wellbeing in both the mind and body. Some of our available treatment options include:
- Detoxification Programs – Our bodies are continually bombarded with toxins that are found in the air we breathe, in the food we eat, in our clothes and furniture and even in our teeth. By aiding the body in its natural detoxification processes, we can rid it of heavy metals and other toxins so its immune and digestive systems function soundly.
- Infusion Intravenous (IV) Therapy – When the body is depleted of vital minerals and nutrients, our entire system is thrown into disarray, making us more vulnerable to illness and disease. With IV therapy, we introduce vitamins, minerals and amino acids into the blood stream to promote health and healing in the body. High doses of orthomolecular medicine have been shown to have an immediate positive impact on the body’s immune system and metabolism.
- Disease-Specific Treatment – In addition to preventative measures, we also offer disease-specific treatments for our patients with certain health conditions. We take an integrative approach to the treatment of diseases, using both conventional and nonconventional (i.e., “alternative medicines”) treatment options to directly combat the disease. We strongly believe that a balanced approach to treatment is essential. In fact, we try to avoid using the term “alternative,” because we feel that it is important to incorporate the best aspects of each approach into our treatments.
- Mind-Body Medicine – With our mind-body therapies, our professional medical and wellness experts help patients recognize their behavioral patterns or habits that may make them more susceptible to disease. Our mind-body therapy may include providing patients with lifestyle coaching and solutions for stress management. We work to activate the body’s self-healing mechanisms in order to help patients release deep-seated tensions and manage internal stress. We may recommend physical therapies to increase the body’s inner balance and overall wellbeing, as well.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) – The liquid part of blood, called plasma, consists of several components, including red cells, white cells and platelets. Platelets are integral to blood clotting; however, they also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors, which are important in helping injuries heal. PRP contains a concentration of platelets — and therefore growth factors — that is five to 10 times greater than what is typically found in the blood.Although additional research is being conducted on the effectiveness of PRP therapy, it has been shown in early studies to help speed up the healing process. Injecting PRP into an area of the body that has sustained an injury — the Achilles tendon, for example — has been shown to be beneficial.
- Immune Modulation – A well-functioning immune system is the foundation of good health. Immune modulation involves bringing the ratio of the different immune cells back into balance to enable the immune system to function correctly — this is dramatically different than simply boosting the immune system with vitamins and nutrients. Restoring healthy immune function is especially important for patients suffering from autoimmune disorders and cancer.
Learn More About Our Innovative Wellness Therapies
To schedule an appointment with one of our wellness medicine experts to learn more about our available treatment options, contact VIDA Wellness and Beauty by calling 1-619-610-1667 (toll free).