Skin Disorders Treatment – VIDA Wellness and Beauty
At VIDA Wellness and Beauty, we understand that it can be bothersome, embarrassing or downright frightening to discover a skin abnormality. Perhaps you have an ongoing skin disorder such as eczema that is uncomfortable and makes you feel self-conscious about your condition. Or, you may have recently noticed a new skin irregularity that looks scary. Whatever the case, the VIDA dermatologists can help.
Common Skin Disorders
We offer treatments for all disorders of the skin, hair and nails. Some of the common skin disorders that we treat are:
- Acne – infected or inflamed sebaceous glands, characterized by red pimples on the face
- Acne Keloidalis Nuchae – “bumps” that typically develop on the back of the neck and on the lower part of the scalp
- Actinic Keratosis – a scaly, rough patch on the skin that occurs as a result of years of sun exposure (some lesions are premalignant)
- Athlete’s Foot – fungal infection that usual starts between the toes
- Boils / Carbuncles / Cysts – skin infection causing lumps filled with pus (boils), a collection of boils (carbuncle) or sac-like structures that may be filled with various substances (cysts)
- Cold Sores – inflamed blisters on the outer edge of the mouth or on the lip caused by the herpes simplex virus
- Contact Dermatitis – an itchy red rash caused by contact with a foreign substance
- Eczema / Atopic Dermatitis – a group of conditions causing skin inflammation and / or irritation
- Hyperpigmentation – darker-colored patches or spots on the skin caused by an overproduction of pigment
- Intertrigo – inflammation and / or rashes in the folds of the skin
- Keloid Scars – raised, red, irregularly shaped scars that can become progressively enlarged
- Moles – groups of pigmented cells that often appear as small, brown spots (some are premalignant)
- Psoriasis – a common, chronic skin condition causing cells to accumulate on the surface of skin, resulting in red, itchy patches
- Ringworm – a contagious fungal skin infection causing itchy, circular patches on the skin
- Rosacea – a condition characterized by enlarged facial blood vessels causing facial redness and pimples
- Skin Allergies – adverse reactions to foreign substances causing skin irregularities, such as rashes, bumps, etc.
- Tinea Versicolor – fungal infection of the skin caused by a type of yeast that naturally exists on the skin
- Vitiligo – an autoimmune disorder in which the skin loses pigment from different areas, resulting in the look of white patches
What to Do If You Notice a Skin Disorder
If you notice the appearance of pimples, bumps, moles, a rash, an itchy patch of skin or any other irregularities on your skin, nails and scalp, do not hesitate to contact us. We can diagnose your skin disorder and start you on an appropriate treatment regimen right away. The sooner you seek treatment, the sooner you can experience relief from your symptoms. To schedule an appointment with one of our board-certified dermatologists, contact VIDA Wellness and Beauty by calling 1-619-610-1667 (toll free).